cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8831 Conference Phones

kim jones
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone experienced issues with the 8831 displaying "Ethernet Disconnected"?  I have installed 2 phones in the same location and they both work to begin with and then for some reason go to "Ethernet Disconnected" and will not work again.

They are connected to a Cisco 3850 switch.  There are also 7965 phones connected to this switch and there is no issue there.

2 Replies 2

Timothy Graham
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

No seen it on an 8831 but did see the same message on a 7965, found the patch lead was faulty, plus structured cabling back the switch port. Both swapped and work OK after that. Have you tried plugging in a 7965 to see if that works, ie one that you know works somewhere else. Sound physical to me rather than anything wrong with phone or switch config as the phones powering up but just can't see a network connection.

HTH

Tim

I have tried a 7965 phone and it works in this jack.  I have tried the 8831 in another jack and it will not work still shows "ethernet disconnected".  I'm cautious about putting another 8831 in this jack since this is the 2nd phone that has been connected in this jack showing the same error.  It seems like once the error appears on the phone the phone is out of commission.  I haven't had this issue with a 7937!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: