Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8831 wireless mic pairing issue

markah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Before I drop kick the 2 wireless mics out of an 8th floor window on to the bustling London area of  Baker St can anyone offer any ideas of how I can pair these items with an 8831 conference phone?

I've tried sip8831.9-3-3-3 and sip8831.9-3-3-5 versions of firmware and followed the Cisco guide but still can't them paired.

The wireless mic is model number CP-MIC-WRLS-S-EU for reference.

I've changed the wireless range to low, medium and high and still no success. Tried holding the mic button in until solid red and selecting pair mic 1 on the conference unit.

If I can't get them working in the next couple of hours make sure your wearing a helmet in central London today.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Timothy Graham
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

We just some of these delivered and had some issue pairing the mic's up to start with, but they now pair ok.

So what I did was this.

Charge the MIC's

Then remove from charging base unit.

Go in to the paring menu on the 8831 and start the pairing off for mic 1, then when it say's pairing on the 8831 display press and hold the button on the mic. release when its solid red. They didn't seem to be pair first time and I got a timeout error. What I spotted was that the mic does a firmware upgrade when it first talked to the base unit, I waited for that to completed and then did the paring again, and this time it paired OK.

Done 3 units now and all working OK.

Using this code level sip8831.9-3-3-5

HTH

Tim

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Timothy Graham
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

We just some of these delivered and had some issue pairing the mic's up to start with, but they now pair ok.

So what I did was this.

Charge the MIC's

Then remove from charging base unit.

Go in to the paring menu on the 8831 and start the pairing off for mic 1, then when it say's pairing on the 8831 display press and hold the button on the mic. release when its solid red. They didn't seem to be pair first time and I got a timeout error. What I spotted was that the mic does a firmware upgrade when it first talked to the base unit, I waited for that to completed and then did the paring again, and this time it paired OK.

Done 3 units now and all working OK.

Using this code level sip8831.9-3-3-5

HTH

Tim

Hi Tim,

I retried the procedure above this morning and the mics have successfully paired. Yesterday I wasn't even getting to the stage where they paired in order to perform the firmware upgrade of the mics.

I'm not 100% certain that I tried anything today that I didn't try yesterday but they're connected so I can't complain! Maybe it was the mid air flight from 8 floors that scared them in to associating this morning.

Thanks for your advice though.

Now does anyone know of any products that can remove scratches from plastic or a touch up paint part number for Cisco wireless mics :)

Regards,

Mark

I tried this but no luck. Same code level as well.

Been trying several times to get these mics to pair but no luck.

I tried powering off conference phones and back on. Mics on and off charging station.

Nothing works.  

Any other suggestions.

Worked like a charm. Thanks Timothy!

Kristian