Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8941 IP phone background image

Ali Bahnam
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have cisco 8941 connected to CUCM 9.1, I tried to upload backgroung image unsuccesfully. where I already upload the background for cisco 7942 succesfully.

I already used (640x480x24) for cisco 8941.

Appreciate your support,

Regards

8 Replies 8

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

Are you sure from the below:-

1-Full-size image

640 pixels (width) x 480 pixels (height)

Thumbnail image

123 pixels (width) x 111 pixels (height)

2- Did you restart TFTF servers , if you have pub and sub ) . Upload for both TFTP and restart both.

3-disable and reenable the Enable Caching of  Constant and Bin Files at Startup TFTP service parameter (located in the  Advanced Service Parameters).

4- Tell us the path on your TFTP management  is  /Desktops/640x480x24/

5- Share also the firmware of your IP phone 8941 , is it 9.3 ?.

Thank you

Please rate all useful information

you won't be able to do custom background for 8941 before 9.2.3.5

Upgrade phone fw and try again

Regards

Haitham

Thanks all for your reply,

I already uploaded the image for 7942 successfully.

For the requirement that you mentioned I already applied it except the 3rd item, please can you tell me the exact path for it??

The 8941 version is sccp 9-3-2-11

Regards,

Hi Ali

1-3rd item :-

Go to system - service parameters - select your Publisher - select TFTP then you will get a page , on this page press advanced you will find down

Enable Caching of  Constant and Bin Files , disable and enable it means disable save then enable save

2- This step should be done after restart TFTP servers.Then check.

3-If all not work , try to reset fatory the IP phone.

Thank you

Please rate all useful information

Dear Islam,

I applied all the steps, but still facing the same problem

Do you see the options??

Do you see blue images/no images instead of thumbnails??

If the first, re-create the List.xml file from scratch, DO NOT copy from any page using ctrl + c, manually copy all, there are hidden characters that get copied and affect this.

If the second, the problem is either with the images (wrong specs or path, etc), or with the formatting of the path on the .xml file.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I didn't get your points (Do you see the options?? and Do you see blue images/no images instead of thumbnails??), but you can find below the XML that I created:-

URL="TFTP:Desktops/640x480x24/8941-globe.png"/>

by the way I already upload backgroung image successfully for IP phone 7942

Any advice?? 

Hello ,

I hope you are ok. I Have applied image background for 7942G but now, I have two      CP-8941 that do not want to register. Please can you help. resolving this issue.

Thank.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: