Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8945 and others wire configuration

Dear Experts,

My question may not be very rocket science kind....actually after having some connectivity problem b/w phone and switch i tried one thing by cutting the wire connecting switch and fone and i found that only four (4) wires ( ie 1 2 3 6....orange and green pair) was enough for operation of the phones....Can any one plz tell me whats are the 8 wires meant for (which one for data or packet travelling Tx & Rx and which one for Power)

Is the volatge level available at the Gig ports of switches can be increased ....As in my case 2-3 fones are more than 100m away from the switch and i think is the reason that video phones are not working but the 3905 and 6921 are working......what should i do for video phone if i don wanna pur OFC or any other switch.....

@ Jamie Valecia Sir ....ur answer too

Experts Plz help.......Thanks

22 Replies 22

Hi Nitesh,

It is a class 2 .

regds,

aman

oopss sorry 9971 is class 3 ...ok ok i will run that command.....Aman what if i make slightly high 8000mW.......as cable is 123m ....23 m xtra

Hi Nitesh,

You can give a try .Just remove/shut the other phones on same switch so as to avoid any issue on them.

regds,

aman

Hi Nitesh,

Is your problem resolved?

regds,

aman

Hi Aman....hw u ?

Yeah problems were solved after analyzing so many things ....

* 6921 and 3905 works on 4 wire (2 pair) 1236 ....but 9971 and 8945 doesnt work on 4 wires  until and unless u make the speed auto 100.....if its speed auto 1000 it wont work....as its not able to supply power to its accesories....

And a interesting thing happened that as the cable was more than 100m so d fone was not registering....i increased the millwatt to 8000 and it workd and got registered and again i put it bak to auto max......not its registring with same auto and same length

Hi Nitesh,

Thanks for update.

Can u write in points what all u did  since I an bit confused?

If possible, share the port config and sh int output

regds,

aman

wat is did....

conf t

# test cable-configuration tdr interface gigaethernet 1/0/13

#show cable-configuration tdr interface gigaethernet 1/0/13

this will show the phone distance away from ur switch port no. 13

but if the confg

# speed auto max or 1000M ...then 9971 will  work on 8 wire and not on 4 wire...it will say unable to power the accesories

and if if u do speed auto max 100M ...then it will run on  1 2 3 6 wire

from this command i found that my phone was 123m away from switch

PLEASE rate if u found this helpful