Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8945 on VPN, keeps rebooting, "Service interruption" message

David Anderson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a remote user that logs onto his 8945 over a VPN, and he has had issues with his phone for months now. When on a call he reports to be getting jitter, and the phone display will read "Service interruption" during the call. He reports the call will continue but the quality continues to drop until he hangs up, at which point the phone displays "Lost signal" - Then the phone does an automatic reboot.

After the phone reboots, it will get stuck on the registering screen until he unplugs it from the PoE brick and replugs it, then the phone will boot as normal and allow him to log back into the VPN. Other remote users are on the same VPN, same profile setup and phone model and don't experience issues at all.

The issue is completely intermittent, and the user reports that he has Fiber running to his house so the ISP is unlikely to be the issue. I don't think this is a profile issue as somedays the phone works good all day, and other days he has to reboot it twice an hour.

Is there a good point to begin troubleshooting such a random issue, like an RTMT report that I can run to capture the issue, or any suggestions from the community? Wondering if maybe it's an issue with the phone itself.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

1 Reply 1

David Anderson
Level 1
Level 1

I've found an article stating that the Service Interruption message is displayed when the phone can no longer talk to Call Manager and falls back on SRST, but I'm not sure how exactly to isolate what is causing the communication with Call Manager to drop.