cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8945 Video Call

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi everyone, I wanted to know can someone tell me how do I configure the 8945 phone to do a video call.

We have 5 of them that we just bought for our executives and they want to be able to make video calls from

the phone. I've looked for documentation on it and all i keep coming up with is the phone's user guide. And

the guide keeps saying "Connects to your Cisco Unified IP phone and allows you to make point to point video

calls with another Cisco Unified IP phone.So if anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it and thanks

in advance for the help and have a great weekend.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, just eliminating Call Admission Control as an issue.

Is the video setting disabled on the phone by any chance, physically on the phone go to the video settings and review the config there.

Chris

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is nothing you need to do except making sure video is enabled on the phone config page which should be on by default.

HTH,

Chris

Chris

I went into CM and and found the phone and went into the phone configution page for that device and went to product specific configuration layout.I checked and the video capabilities option is checked.

The only thing that I see is the self view option on the phone so should I do something after I turn on the self view option

So, when one 8945 calls another 8945 you get no video?

Are they defined to be in the same DP?

Chris

They are in the same device pool as all of our other phones we have,should these particular phones have there own device pool?

No, just eliminating Call Admission Control as an issue.

Is the video setting disabled on the phone by any chance, physically on the phone go to the video settings and review the config there.

Chris

Thanks Chris

I will go to work tomorrow and check this out and I will let you know

You know Chris I don't know what's wrong with this,because I've checked and everything seems right. I also went to You tube and watched a demo of how it works and your right I should just start working.

I don't know if this has been resolved or not, but I would suggest checking the Video Call Admission Control Bandwidth settings on the Region page.  Even if they are in the same Device Pool, and therefore, same Region, it is possible to configure a Max Bandwidth even within the current Region and that setting can be 0. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: