Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco-9951-SIP_Phone issue

MUHAMMED SHAFI
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have one issue with 9951-Sip phone . i registerd some 9951 phone in CME.9.1 i also have service module (SM) with unity express 8.6.6 i went to unity express adding CME  user there not showing SIP phone  only i can see SCCP phones

somebody have any idea about this issue ....

is it possible to convert SIP firmware to SCCP...?

Could you please help me...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey Leo,

Hope all is well buddy!

The 9900 series are "native" SIP endpoints which is a change in direction

from Cisco as you nicely noted

Cisco Unified IP Phone 8900 and 9900 Series

The Cisco Unified IP Phone 8900 and 9900 Series of endpoints provide a  wide range of form-factors and physical characteristics, including  models with and without LCD displays and speaker phones and with varying  numbers of line keys. Likewise, some models in this series provide  support for Bluetooth and/or 802.11, such as the Cisco Unified IP Phone  9971, while others do not. In general, all of the phones in the Unified  IP Phone 8900 and 9900 Series provide the same set of enterprise IP  telephony features such as call hold, call transfer, call forwarding,  and so forth. The Cisco Unified IP Phone 8900 Series supports either SIP  only or both SCCP and SIP signaling protocols (dependent on phone  model) for registering and communicating with Cisco call processing  platforms. The Cisco Unified IP Phone 9900 Series models support only  SIP signaling when registering and communicating with call control.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/9x/endpnts.html#wp1309417

Cheers!

"Smooth" Rob

"A smile relieves a heart that grieves" 

- Stones

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't understand the first question as CUE doesn't care whether a phone is SCCP or SIP. Please rephrase what you're asking. No, you cannot convert the 9951 to SCCP.

No, you cannot convert the 9951 to SCCP.

Sorry, but this is not a challenge Jonathan.  I'm asking because I'm new to VoIP.

You CAN'T convert 9951 to SCCP or you can't convert 9951 to SIP?

I thought that Cisco phones are "native" to SCCP.

Hey Leo,

Hope all is well buddy!

The 9900 series are "native" SIP endpoints which is a change in direction

from Cisco as you nicely noted

Cisco Unified IP Phone 8900 and 9900 Series

The Cisco Unified IP Phone 8900 and 9900 Series of endpoints provide a  wide range of form-factors and physical characteristics, including  models with and without LCD displays and speaker phones and with varying  numbers of line keys. Likewise, some models in this series provide  support for Bluetooth and/or 802.11, such as the Cisco Unified IP Phone  9971, while others do not. In general, all of the phones in the Unified  IP Phone 8900 and 9900 Series provide the same set of enterprise IP  telephony features such as call hold, call transfer, call forwarding,  and so forth. The Cisco Unified IP Phone 8900 Series supports either SIP  only or both SCCP and SIP signaling protocols (dependent on phone  model) for registering and communicating with Cisco call processing  platforms. The Cisco Unified IP Phone 9900 Series models support only  SIP signaling when registering and communicating with call control.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/9x/endpnts.html#wp1309417

Cheers!

"Smooth" Rob

"A smile relieves a heart that grieves" 

- Stones

Thanks "Smooth" Rob.

I fat-fingered the rating and gave you a "4" instead of a "5"    Sorry. 

Back to the subject at hand ... So this means that I should be able to get the phone to connect to my home Asterisk.  I presume that it uses the same SIPmacaddress.cnf.xml from the 7970?

Hi Muhammed

In case with 9951 phone you must input only extension of phone.

Cue module not see sip phones and it impossible to change sip to sccp on 99xx phones

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Dear all ,

my all 9951 phones are registering CME.9.1 and SM (service module )  i want to add all 9951 in unity express 8.6.6 but the prblm is i went to unity express for user adding  i cant see any 9951 sip phone unity Express web page and CME web page .....

Use CLI, not GUI, and you will be able to make everything work.

thanks for all replay......Bro

I am using CME.9.1 plus SM (service module engine) Unity Express everything is router only after SM configuration we have loging CME.we page and unity we page is require...i didnt found any unity CLI configuration

somebady have any idea about Unity express CLI configuration could please help me...

i am waiting for your valuable replay..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: