Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9971 Backlight Issues?

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

We have a client using a 9971 as a SIP phone on CME but the backlight refuses to go out for hours after the handset is replaced.

I have recreated the SEP[MAC}.CNF.XML file and opened this to find the following:

<backlightOnTime>07:30</backlightOnTime>

<backlightOnDuration>10:00</backlightOnDuration>

<backlightIdleTimeout>00:01</backlightIdleTimeout>

<webAccess>0</webAccess>

<daysbacklightnotactive>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</daysbacklightnotactive>

The phone clearly knows by using the settings above that its supposed to bring the backlight on when the handset is lifted and then go out after 60 seconds once it has been replaced.

Any ideas what its not doing this?

I can't be certain how long it stays on for after the handset is replaced but its at least an hour.

All the backlight settings on the CME Voice Gateway match those above, even the ones for the SCCP phones.

I have upgraded the phones firmware to the latest one.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi DA,

I think it's the way that this functionality works It's not what you would expect;

Backlight Idle Timeout

Length of time that the phone is idle before the backlight turns off. Applies  only when the backlight was off as scheduled and was turned on by an  end-user (by pressing a button on the phone or lifting the handset).

#

Enter the value in this field in the format hours:minutes.

#

For  example, to turn the backlight off when the phone is idle for 1 hour  and 30 minutes after an end-user turns the backlight on, enter 1:30.

#

The default value is 0:30.

So, if you are testing this during the 10 hours a day that are set as active it's working as designed.

Cheers!

Rob

"Why do the best things always disappear " 

- The Band