Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

CISCO 9971 hanging problem

why this cisco 9971 hangs if it is ideal for a long...and however that fone can be pinged from the network and on switch with the command show cdp neighbors it show as IEEE PD only and not the cisco 9971....plz answer sir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

No, on CUCM server

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
8 REPLIES

Re: CISCO 9971 hanging problem

Not sure what you mean by 9971 hangs... If you are refering to the screen turning off when the phone is idle, this is probably the power saving feature configured. Check this setting under Product Specific Configuration Layout in CUCM.

Please rate helpful answers!

Community Member

Hi dear Amine

.....no no i didnt mean to say that ....as the power saving feature is differnt that can be defined from the cucm.....actuallly phone goes unregistered but in cisco switch it can be checked that its taking power (show power inline) as 15.4Watt and a IEEE PD .....instead Cisco 9971

Cisco Employee

What does the app log has to say about that unregister, does it show a reason code for it??

HTH

java

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Community Member

Jaime Sir i will look and get back to  sir...i guess app log must be in phone itself right?

Cisco Employee

No, on CUCM server

HTH

java

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Community Member

Jamie Sir thnx

ohkk CUCM server......i havent explored yet sir. can u tell me in which menu or submenu i can get the app log for a device...i have cucm 9..

Cisco Employee

You need to use RTMT to access those logs, you cannot get them directly from the server.

HTH

java

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Community Member

oopsss.....ohh real time monotoring tool.....yeahh yeah i knw tat sir.....its a add-on i hav to download....ok i will try Sir

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content