cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9971s - Is there a setting to allow them to pick up a ringing line without selecting it first?

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

I have a group of users who each have the same set of 7 lines on their 9971+sidecar.  They are all responsible for answering any call that comes in on any one of the lines, so seeing the incoming line and selecting which one to answer is irrelevant in their situation.  Is there any setting that I can change to tell the phone to answer a call just by picking up the handset?  Currently, picking up the handset will answer a call IF that call happens to come in on the currently selected line.  If it comes in on any of the other 6, they have to hit the line that's ringing and usually then hit the button to the right of the screen to pick it up.  I would like them to not have to look over at the phone and select the ringing line.  They should be able to simply pick up the handset while continuing to look at their PC screen and have it answer whatever call is ringing (or one of them if there are multiple ringing).  

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Look into "All Calls" feature, assign it to the phone (you will need to waste a button) and have users enable it, it will allow you to answer other lines as desired.

Chris