Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco agent desktop login error

Hi, we are using CUCM v8.5 and UCCX v8.6. We have added 10 agents and they were working for couple of months. But now they are can't login to Cisco desktop agent and UCCX web page also (all the users can't login to the UCCX including admin user).

Cisco desktop agent login error is:  "the password specified is invalid"

When we try to log in to UCCX admin page: "Log on failed - Invalid User ID or Password"

I tried to restart CTI service on CUCM, but issue lasts same. I think it is LDAP synchronization issue. How can i solve this issue. Does anyone have an idea on this? Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

So to start out with can you double check the version you are using.  Are you sure you are using UCCXv8.6 not 8.5?  Think you have a mix up there.

Sounds more like an authenication error than a synchronization error.  Remenber in CUCM user are synchronized to the local IBM informix database however authenication is passed to your LDAPv3 server directly. The local database does not contain a copy of the password.

I would first check your LDAP configure make sure you are still set to synchronize and authenicate.  Also you may want to information is getting properly synchronized. 

I will admit I am a little green on the UCCX side of the house and may be off on how UCCX works but my assumptionis it uses CUCM users.

You can of course log into UCCX using the cli and application admin username, correct? 

Well looks like I have the same issue in our of my lab boxes so no better time to learn than now.  Looks like UCCX utilizes teh CUCM databases through the AXL web service.

Will update this post with what I find myself in lab.  Any luck yourself?

Hi.

Until UCCX uses axl user to authenticate Agents and Administrators, I would check axl user credential and then, if you are synchronizing with ldap, that CUCM hasn't missed synchronization with LDAP.

HTH

Regards.

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

So I checked my end user login for the appadmin administrator on a local pc found it was good. Then went into UCCX and made sure the user accounts matched up by reseting the appadmin account. 

set uccx appadmin administrator

After this I was good to go. Not sure what caused it?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: