Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco and Avaya

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone in here has done any Cisco CM and Avaya intergrations?

The problem I'm having is that when I call to the avaya system everything is fine. I get call setup and I can hear with no problems, but when someone on the avaya system calls into my cisco CM side the call comes through it rings and it appears to connect but there is no voice at all. There is no routing problem on either side and all the firewalls have been checked.

The only thing I can think of is that this has something to do with h.323 call setup on the avaya side. Does anyone know if there is anything special configuration wise that I need to do on my gateway (3845 router) or perhaps anything special that needs to get done on the avaya side?

Thanks for all your helps

Brent

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Cisco and Avaya

This is a codec mismatch issue. In Avaya PBX, you need to configure a region and specify a codec. If the connection is over the WAN, use G.729 codec.

MK

Views
Helpful
Replies