Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco and DELL POE switch

shamkumar
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I have 2POE switches cisco and DELL and all the 7941G,7961G phones are connected to both the switches and all are working fine but my problem is,recently i added two 7940phones in our network and i connected them to DELL POE switch but phones are not powered by DELL switch,if they are connected to cisco switch they are getting power.so pls any one can explain me why its not powered and advice me to solve this issue.

(Note:First 7940 phones ware SIP and i upgraded to SCCP with latest Firmware version.)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You're welcome!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

What type of PoE are you using? IEEE PoE 802.3af standard is only supported by 3G phones 7940 does not support it so I believe that's

the problem you have.

If you check the datasheer of the 7941, you'll see

"The Cisco Unified IP Phone 7941G supports Cisco Pre-standard Power over Ethernet (PoE), which allows powering from any of the

Cisco Inline Power-capable blades and boxes. In addition, it supports IEEE 803.af PoE. The phone can be powered locally with a power supply (part number CP-PWR-CUBE-3)."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/ps6513/product_data_sheet0900aecd802ff012.html

HTH, if it does, please rate.

Regards,

Teresa.

u mean that 7940 wont get power from the DELL POE,coz 7940 wont support IEEE 803.af standard.

Yes, the 7940/7960 class phones use Cisco Inline Power only not 803.af

thank u very much....

You're welcome!

hi friend ru there...i have another issue with POE just now i posted another topic can u pls check it....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: