Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco BAT help

Hi all,

Currently I'm using Cisco Uniffied Communications Manager 6.1.3, and I need to do a bulk change on the call forward all destination on several existing phones.

I've read the BAT documentation but it's not that explicit.

Does anyone know a good guide or hape any pointers on changing (only) the CallFW all on several phones?

Thank you in advance for any help.

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Cisco BAT help

Hi Gustavo,

Have a look at this section within BAT that is used for this purpose (Update Lines)

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Bulk Administration Guide

Adding and Updating Lines for Phones

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/7_0_1/t03uplns.html

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

First off, thank you for the quick reply.

I gave a better look to the guide you refered, and did a few tests.

But what I can't figure it out is:

- The option "Update Line" (which is what I really want) it's done by query, and by query I can only configure ONE call forward destination, which will be applied to all the phones, and I want to configure different forward destinations on the several phones.

- When I follow the "Add Lines" guide, which is the option that uses the BAT spreadsheet, and allows me to do multiple different configurations (and therefore would allow me to configure different forward destinations), I receive the error that both MAC addresses's Line are already configured, and in fact they are, because I want to update already existing lines.

I'm on a bit of a jam where, since the first option allows me to update existing lines, but only to one destination.

The second option allows me to configure different destinations, but only by configuring NEW lines, and I want to update existing ones.

So...what am I missing?

(just to give an idea of the intention, this is to forward a given number of phones, which the DDI is known/used by customers, to other extensions located on a DR site....but in an automated way)

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Gustavo,

Yes, you are correct my friend, this won't work the way you want

I see you mentioned this is for a DR setup. Have you thought of using the Call Forward Unregistered

config instead of Call Forward All ??

Cheers!

Rob

Well, because this setup is not to be permanent, it''s for one first major test we're going to perform, but either way I had the same problems for configuring either fields using the Update/Add Lines.

But I've found a way, you can do a "Export Phones - All Details", edit the output file with an application named CSVed (unlike Excel it shows the COMMA separated values in columns without ruining the file), edit the "forward all destination" (column 118), save it with a new name and use that file with the "Insert Phones All Details" option, marking the "Override the existing configuration" check box.

It will UPDATE both devices AND lines.

And I can use the original "Export Phones - All Details" file to do the roll back after the test.

Rob thank you for the help with this.

Views
Helpful
Replies