Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Call Manager 5.1 - Background Images

Hi Buddies:

My name is Erick, I have a little problem with adding new background images to my cisco ip phones 7970 using my cisco call manager 5.1 . I've complied with all steps to adding my new images as follow:

1.- I've got 2 images in *.png format (Image2.png and Image1.png) with their exacts dimensions for thumbnail and for full image respectively as are required for cisco.

2.- I've edited the List.xml file as follows:

<CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

<ImageItem Image=?TFTP:image2.png?

URL=?TFTP:image1.png?/>

</CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

Because I uploaded image1.png, image2.png and List.xml at the same default directory, using the web interface for call manager 5.1 (software upgrade/upload) - "Cisco IP telephony platform admin guide".

3.- I've restarted tftp service from (cisco call manager serviceability) (stop and start).

4.- Furthermore I've restarted ip phone 7970 after all that.

I've done all these steps that I commented to you but when I go to my cisco ip phone / settings / user preferences / background images always I see the same default image.

Please, I'd like to know how to resolve this problem, If anybody can help me.

Best Regards for everyone

Erick J. Nieto

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Cisco Call Manager 5.1 - Background Images

hi Erick

you have to do the following things to have it work:

1: keep images dimensions as they are, that is for first image: 320x196 and for thumbnail image: 80x49.

2: edit list.xml file to look like this:

FTP:Desktops/320x212x12/TN-image.png"

URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/image.png"/>

3: upload list.xml and the images to CCM 5.1 tftp in the following directory: Desktops/320x212x12

Most phone models are usually a different folder just because the screen sizes, resolutions and colors are different.

also with yours being 320x196 and the screen is looking for 320x212, it stretches it slightly so it will fill up the entire screen.

HTH

please rate helpful posts

Majdi

Re: Cisco Call Manager 5.1 - Background Images

Hi Erick,

Please let me know if majdi-harb's solution did work for you.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Yasa

Views
Helpful
Replies