Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Call Manager 8.5 and Lync 2013

Dear all,

Our customer wants to integrate their Lync 2013 to the Cisco Call Manager 8.5.

Out of some not so recent information i thought that if u want to use the enterprise voice of lync you'll have to make a sip trunk between Cisco Call Manager & Lync 2013.

I think that this still counts, i've also heard that there have been a moderate amount of changes between cucm 8.5 and cucm 8.6 on matters of sip.

I'm unable to find them though, also what does CUCI - Lync do?

Kr,

Yannick Vranckx

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Yannick,There can be three

Hi Yannick,

There can be three types of integrations between Lync and Cisco Systems

1)      Direct SIP Trunk between Lync Server and Call Manager - In this, we can setup shared line between Cisco extensions and Lync extensions, and Sip trunk between the servers. Any Cisco phone / Lync client  can call each other vice-versa. Initial setup needs planning, but later it does not need much configurations in client side. The following document explains the configurations needed.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucilync/9/CUCI_BK_C0B36AC1_00_cisco-uc-integration-for-microsoft.pdf

2) CUCILYNC, which is like Cisco Jabber client but connects with Lync and Call Manager: Lync Client <----> CUCILYNC <-----> CUCM

In this option, a plug-in is installed in each client side. Although initial configurations is easier, each user needs to install the client and operate it. The below document explains the configuration and setup.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucilync/9/CUCI_BK_C0545A41_00_cisco-uc-integration-for-microsoft.html

3) RCC (Remote Call Plugin) which just provides basic call control feature but for that you need Cisco Unified Presence Server: Lync Client <----> CUPS <-----> CUCM

HTH

Manish

VIP Gold

Nice explanation Manish (+5).

Nice explanation Manish (+5).  Could you please spare some time to answer below queries regards to it  as well (for CUCM & CUP 8.6) , I will really appreciate your help on this.

Inter-domain Federation comes in which type of above integration ?

And if I have CUCM, CUP & Lync, then can I do federation or do I need some more application/server ?

And one more silly question: If I have CUP & Lync in-service only (not CUCM) at a time then still can I do  exchange availability information and Instant Messaging (IM) between jabber and lync users ?

Suresh

Views
Helpful
Replies