Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Cisco Call Manager Express 10.0 shared line/ext between ata187 sip and ephone

Hi

Having trouble getting a shared line to work between sip and sccp phone using CME 10.

used config from the following post but this does not work as only the sccp phone works.

Current config is as follows

voice register dn  60

number 260

shared-line max-calls 16

!

voice register pool  60

id mac 5897.1ECD.AD2B

type ATA-187

number 1 dn 60

codec g711ulaw

!

!

ephone-dn  60  octo-line

no call-waiting beep

number 260

shared-line sip

!

Is it possible to share the same extension between a sip ata187 and a sccp ephone?

The reason i need to share the extension to make an external loud ringer work when the phone in the kitchen is called. If anyone knows of another way to achieve the same result i would welcome any feedback.

9 REPLIES

Re: Cisco Call Manager Express 10.0 shared line/ext between ata1

The link to the previous post is

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2176687

Quite new to VOIP stuff but got the following dubug output if it is helpful.

Feb 25 11:30:13: //Shared-Line/EVENT/shrl_validate_newcall_outgoing:Outgoing call validation request from AFW for  user = 263$, usrContainer = 0

Feb 25 11:30:13: //Shared-Line/INFO/shrl_find_ccb_by_dn:Searching Shared-Line table for dn '263'

Feb 25 11:30:13: //Shared-Line/INFO/shrl_find_ccb_by_dn:Entry not found for dn '263'

Feb 25 11:30:13: //Shared-Line/INFO/shrl_find_ccb_by_demote_dn:Demoted dn: 263

Feb 25 11:30:13: //Shared-Line/INFO/shrl_find_ccb_by_dn:Searching Shared-Line table for dn '263'

Feb 25 11:30:13: //Shared-Line/INFO/shrl_find_ccb_by_dn:Entry not found for dn '263'

Feb 25 11:30:13: //Shared-Line/INFO/shrl_validate_newcall_outgoing:User '263$' doesn't exist in Shared-Line table

Feb 25 11:30:13: //Shared-Line/INFO/shrl_find_ccb_by_dn:Searching Shared-Line table for dn ''

Feb 25 11:30:13: //Shared-Line/INFO/shrl_find_ccb_by_dn:Entry not found for dn ''

Feb 25 11:30:13: //Shared-Line/INFO/shrl_find_ccb_by_demote_dn:Demoted dn:

Feb 25 11:30:13: //Shared-Line/EVENT/shrl_validate_newcall_incoming:Incominging call validation request from AFW for user = 260

Feb 25 11:30:13: //Shared-Line/INFO/shrl_find_ccb_by_dn:Searching Shared-Line table for dn '260'

Feb 25 11:30:13: //Shared-Line/INFO/shrl_find_ccb_by_dn:Entry found [ccb = 3DA0DCD8] for dn '260'

Feb 25 11:30:13: //Shared-Line/INFO/shrl_validate_newcall_incoming:User '260' found: ccb = 3DA0DCD8, mem_count = 1

Feb 25 11:30:13: //Shared-Line/EVENT/shrl_validate_newcall_incoming:Obtained call instance inst: 15 for incoming call, incoming leg (peer_callid): 100)

Feb 25 11:30:13: //Shared-Line/INFO/shrl_update_barge_calltype:Updating shared-line call -1 with calltype = 1

Cisco Employee

Cisco Call Manager Express 10.0 shared line/ext between ata187 s

Hi Paul,

Have you tried to use a different SIP device as a shared line with the ephone? Maybe it's the ATA that's at fault here.

Thanks

Sree

I will give that a try tomorrow had not thought about trying another phone as i need the ata to work.

I'm also looking at an FXS card as these do sccp out of the box, can;t find any other ata device that cisco sell other than the 187.

BUt all that said i'd have to buy these in idealy want to get the ata-187 working if it is possible.

Does anyone have any good debug options to try to figure out where it could be failing. Currently with my config the sccp phone rings but nothing on the sip side although you can dial out on the phone attached to the ata-187

I have tried it with a standard SIP phone and anoyingly it worked first time with both the sccp and the sip phone rining at the same time.

So could well be some issue with the ATA-187 and compatibility although the following cisco sites says it does infact support shared lines. There maybe some bug in the firmware so I will try and firmware the device a newer version.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/ata-187-analog-telephone-adaptor/data_sheet_c78-608596.html

Finally got this fixed.I had

Finally got this fixed.

I had tried the newer firmware but only breifly about 3 weeks ago and I could not get it working then. 

Finally had another look at it today and got it to work. I rolled the router back to the older firmware and it stopped working so seem to have been a bug that was fixed in the later firmware. 

So running the following firmware on the devices fixes the issues i had. 

Cisco 2921 - c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.154-1.T1.bin

ATA187 - ATA187.9-2-3-1

Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

Yes, it could be a defect. If it doesn't work after updating it to the latest firmware, you could get TAC to look into this.

Thanks

Sree

Using the test above I may now also face a different problem even if I   can get the ata to work. When both sip and the sccp phone ring if you   answer the sccp phone and ring the ext again it routes the call to the   sip phone as it is free however in the real world the sip phone will   merely be an external ringer so needs to be engaged when the sccp phone   is ringing or off hook. I tried the huntstop channel feature but this   does not work across the protocols it seems. Do you have any idea no  how  we could stop the sip phone ringing when the sccp is in use  i.e.  make  it engaged. I did a test with sccp shared line and if I set 2  sccp  phones to be the same ext and use the huntstop channel feature it  work  seamlessly if one phone takes the call the other phone does not  ring.

Can yo make a sip phone be engaged when the sccp share line is in use?

Tested with the latest firmware for the ata-187 although the last firmware release was from Dec 2011 so ages ago.

The release notes don;t mention that this was a bug that was fixed or even reported.

I could try the later firmware on the router as there is a new one out but i'm very doubt full this will work. I suspect it is a bug they have never looked it.

Any one any idea on how to get a TAC case opened? using the online system they just say our device is no under support but surrly it comes with a warrenty.

I may have to move to my idea of using a FXS card to solve this given the other issue i now face of not getting the hunstop chanel to work across both phones.

Cisco Employee

You'll need a valid contract which has the ATA Serial Number under it to open the TAC case.

You can contact Logistics team at this number :+31204854200. They can help you with getting the contract.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content