Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco call manager

I have a scenario where there are five subscribers and one publisher call manager.If subscriber A's connectivity to publisher breaks, utils network connectvity in sub A fails with publisher, can a phone registered with sub A make and receive inter and intra cluster calls?Here calll manager services are disabled on publisher so will it have any effect on call routing outside and inside cluster?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Basant,

Hi Basant, I am going to assume that there are no devices registered to the publisher server as you said. I couldn't understand your question exactly, so i will answer the question for two scenarios. 1. If the publisher server went down and all other server are still online and have connectivity to each other: call processing will not be affected. 2. If one subscriber loses connectivity to the other servers, but still has connectivity to the devices registered with it(for example: the server is located over WAN and the WAN goes down): calls will work only between devices registered on that specific subscriber. Hope that helped. Thanks, -- Nart - CCIE Voice

Thanks a lot Nomat . You

Thanks a lot Nomat . You cleared most of my doubt .You were absolutely right that no phones are registered on publisher.

WAN of Subscriber A to publisher was intermittently down. Secondly, on command line interface of subscriber A , utils network ping  Publisher ip was successful but utils network connectivity command gave the output that "Test failed.Could not send/receive UDP/RDP packets to the publisher".What is the function of this comand?

However, the publisher could be pinged from subscriber A and all other subscribers.Now what would be the effect on call routing intercluster/intracluster from the phones registered to subscriber A ?Should it beable to call phones registered on other 4 subscribers?Also, do the subscribers communicate to each other directly or only through the publisher?What is the effect of publisher  going down?Please explain the communication between all the nodes , what data do they exchange and what is their keepalive?

VIP Purple

Hi, [+5] to Nart. utils

Hi,

[+5] to Nart.

utils network connectivity checks the connectivity to first node in cluster.

further, from CUCM 6 onwards, User facing features have been introduced which can be changed while the publisher is down.

you can check find more details on link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/52421/troubleshooting-cucm-database-replication-linux-appliance-model

regds,

aman

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content