cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Call recording for CUCM 8.5.1

keanej
Level 3
Level 3

Anyone done this ? I believe cisco sell call recording now - any pointers ?

The configuration on the Call Manager / handsets is well documented

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fsmr.html

Any pointers to the actual  'Recording server' installation / configuration ?

Thanks

James

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi ,

This product is WFO product and this is not only with 8.5. This is old product and was there long back. As you might be knowing this product is from Calabrio ( Cisco's OEM partner ), that is why I told CUCM/UCCX alone is not enough for the recording.

WFO supports following three kind of recording procedures

• Using Desktop Recording service (Endpoint) to record from an agent’s desktop

• Using Server Recording (SPAN)

• Using Network Recording

We have video recording for the integration by Calabrio team, Hope this video helps you.

http://portal.calabrio.com/tiki/tiki-index.php?page_ref_id=183

Regards

Ronak patel

Rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That is something you need to look directly within the product you buy for recording, either UCCX/UCCE or any 3rd party product you buy.

Note that the document does not mean CUCM can do call recording, you forcefully need something else to do the actual recording

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

jsmcniel88
Level 4
Level 4

We use A product called Call Copy for UCCX and very happy with it.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

vaclav.martin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi James,

what about giving call recording solution by ZOOM a shot?

Here is the basic description and also user rating:

https://marketplace.cisco.com/catalog/products/1801

Regards,

Václav.

Actually my problem is

I have an ISO for - CCX85CRMEDKITK9.iso (looks like to be installed on a windows server)

I have a License for L-CCX-85-E-PAK CCX 8.5 autoexpanded eDelivery PAK

I have a License for L-UCSS-CCX UCSS for Uinity Contact Express

I have plenty of documentation on configuration of call manager and UCCX for recording

I dont have any documentation for how to install and configure the Call Recording server !

Any help / direction appreciated

James

Hi,

See if below link helps you.

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=Call+Copy+for+Cisco+UCCX&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDIQFjAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fdeveloper.cisco.com%2Fdocuments%2F1541048%2F5163187%2FCisco%2520UCCX%2520Integration%2520Guide%2C%2520v4.5.pdf&ei=kCR8T8PDLs2jiAfRh92VCQ...

CUCM alone will not do recording, you need third party recording server for the integration.

What third party server you have for recording.

regards

Ronak patel

Please rate helpful posts

Sorry - again some confusion here.

I have CUCM and UCCX 8.5.1

I have purchased Cisco's Call Recording Software.

I have downloaded the Disk Image for the software

I have the licenses.

I need some documentation for configuring and installing cisco's call recording software onto a windows server.

This server will actually record the calls ( i believe it has a SIP trunk to call manager and UCCX)

FYI - As of 8.5 you dont need a 'third party' for call recording.

Any help appreciated

James

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey James,

Well....you learn something new every day +5 for flagging this change

that it looks like many of us had not seen.

I'm guessing this is your reference;

SIP Header Enhancements for Call Recording

Description

Release 8.5(1) of Cisco Unified Communications Manager introduces enhancements to the SIP headers

that are used in the SIP messages that are sent to the recorder when call recording calls are made. These

enhancements entail the following changes:

• Cisco Unified Communications Manager sends both the agent (near-end) and customer (far-end) call

information to the recorder via SIP messages. Messages travel through the SIP trunk. (Prior to this

enhancement, only the near-end information was sent via SIP messages and the far-end information

required a CTI connection to Cisco Unified Communications Manager.)

• The enhancement increases scalability: the recorder no longer requires a CTI connection to Cisco

Unified Communications Manager to obtain far-end call information from Cisco Unified

Communications Manager.

The enhancement supports automatic recording through use of the Open Recording Architecture

(ORA) Cisco Zephyr recorder. Thus, a complete call-recording solution that uses only Cisco

products is now available. The Cisco Zephyr recorder provides a basic and powerful recording

capability and does not rely on CTI to obtain the far-end information.

Is this the product you are referring to?

Cheers!

Rob

Hi ,

This product is WFO product and this is not only with 8.5. This is old product and was there long back. As you might be knowing this product is from Calabrio ( Cisco's OEM partner ), that is why I told CUCM/UCCX alone is not enough for the recording.

WFO supports following three kind of recording procedures

• Using Desktop Recording service (Endpoint) to record from an agent’s desktop

• Using Server Recording (SPAN)

• Using Network Recording

We have video recording for the integration by Calabrio team, Hope this video helps you.

http://portal.calabrio.com/tiki/tiki-index.php?page_ref_id=183

Regards

Ronak patel

Rate helpful posts.

Thanks for this feedback - very helpful

I have installed the software and the 50 license on UCCX. All I am doing is implementing 'Server Recording (SPAN) - with one box running all the recording and QM etc.

I have viewed the videos you recomended and all that seems fine. The bit I am missing here is -

Surely I need to configure a SIP trunk between the recording server and call Manager ?

Another part of the puzzle is - everything seems to push towards desktop recording. I am not doing this - just server recording. I would have expected to see an application on the server where is actually records -

All I seem to have is QMA / SQL 2005  a Cisco JTAPI app and a Proxy Pro Gateway Admin Network app.

Am I missing something here ???

Finally - all I seem to have is 'compliance' licenses. Is this sufficient for call recording ??

Any help appreciated !

Greetings Rob/Community,

Hope your well.  I am trying to flush out a full time call recording solution for UCCX 8.5 Agents only and it seems that third party [i.e Calabrio] is the only option?  I have 100 Cisco Unified CCX Enhanced Seats and it would appear that I need just two licenses; Call Recording License [The Cisco Unified Workforce Optimization Call Recording (CR) license allows only audio recording and archive search and playback. Status and archive reports are available to supervisors and managers only] and Quality Management License [The Cisco Unified Workforce Optimization Quality Management (QM) license supports audio contact recordings only for archival and quality management purposes] to make this work.  Thoughts?

Many thanks!

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: