Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Call Trace

PRABAHARAN C
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I would like to know, do we have any tools for trace cisco voip end to end calling.

I know about RTMT but it seems to be quit difficult to understanding as per my knowledge.

DNA Analyzer it is not giving the call is sucess or not, if i dialded outside of my cluster.

Means, I want to know the call is success or not, Yes means how and no means why?

Example, I need a trace like Avaya system. Can you please suggest in Cisco?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Prabaharan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The only way to collct traces in CUCM is via RTMT. To understand what the traces mean, you will need to understand the protocols involved in the traces..SCCP, SIP, H323 or MGCP. Each of these protocol require a good understanding before you can read the traces. I am sorry to dissapoint you but there is no other tool that you can use to gather trace in CUCM other than RTMT...

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The only way to collct traces in CUCM is via RTMT. To understand what the traces mean, you will need to understand the protocols involved in the traces..SCCP, SIP, H323 or MGCP. Each of these protocol require a good understanding before you can read the traces. I am sorry to dissapoint you but there is no other tool that you can use to gather trace in CUCM other than RTMT...

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

mate, the only thing DNA is good for is to check call logic/dial plan and verify things like RoutePatterns, translation patterns, route lists,. etc.  I will NOT tell you if a call succeeds or not, as it only check CUCM logic.

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: