cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Catalyst 3560G (POE-24) and SIP traffic

zetapi1911
Level 1
Level 1

I'm experiencing issues with calls via our Avaya audio conference bridge being dropped on the network.  I have the following configuration: 

Networking Equipment

(1)  Cisco 2801 Router

(1)  Cisco Catalyst 3560 G (POE-24) Switch

(1)  Ditech PVP (VoIP echo cancellation device)

(1)  Avaya Meeting Exchange (Audio conference servers)

Network Call Patch

-  Avaya Media Gateway converts TDM to IP

-  Avaya Media Gateway connects to the Cisco 3560 switch (sending SIP traffic) to Ditech PVP device which conditions and improve the VoIP traffic

-  Ditech PVP device sends conditioned traffic to Avaya Meeting Exchange (Audio conference servers)

-  All of the devices are in the ame subnet

-  The Ditech can only accept SIP/UDP traffic

Problem:  We are experiencing drop calls after usually a 30 minute interval.

I'm writing to see if anyone possibly experienced the same.  Since I don't have any management access to the the network devices.  I just wanted to get some possible ideas of what I should be looking for....  We had the network team place a sniffer on the network.  My questions to would be the following:

-  Capacity planning

-  Get the logs from the application, Ditech and sniffer

If anyone have any other suggestions, please let me know.  My gut is telling me that voice traffic probably need to get priority on the switch.  If anyone has an example config.  Please share.

Thx,

Moise

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Unless you are experiencing occasional voice dropouts (i.e. packet loss, high jitter etc) I wouldn't expect the problem to be QoS related or related to the switch config.

If the failures are happening consistently at 30 minutes into a call, it sounds very much like an application issue. You would need to work with whoever supports your Avaya/Ditech kit.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: