cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CM 8.5 integration with Nortel 61C rls 25.40 caller ID manipulation problem

marie-eve.leger
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have a very specific problem with a Nortel option 61C rls 25.40 integration with a Call Manager rls 8.5 and Unity Connexion.  Systems are integrated by way of PRI routes between the Nortel and the CM.  I am looking for a way to manipulate the caller ID of a call originator on the Nortel PBX so that Unity and CM see only 4 digits.

The customer's setup is as follows :

All the phones are on the Nortel PBX, with voicemail split half and half between Call pilot and Unity.  When calling to CM from a Nortel phone, Nortel PBX sends 7 digits as caller ID, being extension number followed by a suffix of three zeroes.  We've tried to have the Nortel PBX send only 4 digits (by changing the call type in NARS) with no luck because of lack of software packages CDP and QSIG.

Now, In CM, I've built Calling transformation patterns CSS that I've applied on the Device pool, so that when a Nortel Phone calls a Softphone on CM, the display shows the correct 4 digits caller ID, but on no answer calls redirected to Unity still push the 7 digits caller ID, hence creating confusions for users that hear info on caller with 3 zeroes at the end and not permitting features as message reply or callback.

Is there a way, in CM, that I can get to manipulate the caller ID of the caller beyond the cosmetics of the Calling transformation patterns?

Many thanks!

3 Replies 3

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You could use a tranlation pattern that only the I/Coming gateway has access to.

Create a partition

PA-NORTEL-INCOME

Create a CSS

CSS-NORTEL-INCOME

Add the New partition only

Create a Tranlation pattern that is in the new partition

Pattern = The called number range for your CME phones

CSS = A CSS that has partitions with access to the ip phones & unity etc.

Calling Party Transform Mask = XXXX

On the CUCM gateway page

Change the CSS to the new CS-NORTEL-INCOME

Now the call should flow

Nortel --> QSIG--> CUCM GWAY -->NEW CSS --> NEW PARTITION--> NEW TRANSLATION-->

Changes CLI

Then Via CSS to phones ,unity etc

HTH

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Thanks Alex for your reply!

Unfortunately my Nortel system is not equipped with the Qsig package.  The call flow is a little tricky.

Question : will a translation pattern affect the "Caller id of the calling party", or rather the digits they dialed?

Many thanks again!!

Marie

Marie,

QSIG or PRI as you stated in the original post it does not matter

Nortel --> PRI--> CUCM GWAY --> and so on

Yes, just the CLI will be altered not the Called number.

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.