cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CM Nortel Qsig integration and call park

whanson
Level 2
Level 2

Customer wants to be able to pick up parked calls from Cisco phone.  I have created route pattern to send park numbers across qsig to Nortel side but get fast busy.  Any tips?

2 Replies 2

barnesrob
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Whanson,

I want to do the exact same thing for a hospital I work for. I approached it the same way you did with the same result.

Did you ever get it working ?

Rob.

Found this post on TEKTIPS. Going to try it.

------------------------

Call park pickup from Cisco to Nortel – info :

I setup a QSIG TIE between a Cisco and Nortel PBX a few years ago. I setup all the digits that were being sent over the TIE as CDP. I don't recall all of the DCH RCAP settings, but they were the basic QSIG settings like QMWI if you also want to use the Call Pilot for the Cisco phones.

If you search the posts on here that were done by johnpoole he has a working config that I used. Another thing I discovered is if you want to be able to page over the Nortel or pick up parked calls you have to get a little tricky.

Build a few single line ports on the Nortel side and terminate them into the FXO ports of the Cisco router. Then you build them in the Call Manager as a analog trunk route and in your route mask programming associte the Nortel paging/park DN range with that trunk group.

-----------------------------