Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco CME 8.6 with Voip.ms; no inbound, outbound works

Hello everyone, I don't usually make posts, I just try to read and learn.  This time I am stumped and need some help.

I have a cisco 3825 router running IOS 15.1 with CME 8.6

connected and registered to my VOIP service provider Voip.ms

Line          peer    expires      registered

====================================

15XXX2       -1       19               yes

Outgoing calls work quite well with caller ID working on my called device and the sound quality is great.

Incomming calls do not work at all.  I ge the fast busy immediately.

I have tried modifying the config SEVERAL times over the past week using examples and solutions found on the internet.  NO LUCK.

I originally had a PIX 515E in front of the router but that has now been removed. 

My current connection path is    Comcast Modem(static IP)--->----cisco 3825-->---switch-->----IP Phone

I have included my running-config and the debug CCsip messages.

The CCsip messages state something about a BAD HOST Can anyone help?

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

You're getting an Invite that says to 98.220.252.36.  I don't see this address at all on your CUBE.  It looks like your outside interface is using DHCP connected to a cable modem which gives you a private IP address.  You'd probably need SIP Inspection on the modem in order for that to work correctly.

I'd suggest putting the modem in bridge mode and putting the static IP on the CUBE itself and then trying again.

8 REPLIES
Silver

You're getting an Invite that says to 98.220.252.36.  I don't see this address at all on your CUBE.  It looks like your outside interface is using DHCP connected to a cable modem which gives you a private IP address.  You'd probably need SIP Inspection on the modem in order for that to work correctly.

I'd suggest putting the modem in bridge mode and putting the static IP on the CUBE itself and then trying again.

Brian/ Matt

Can you make sense fo the translation rules as well. I never seen a translation rule with a X or a Y in it.

Silver

Gregory,

I think that was just Matt sanitizing the config a bit to post online.

Brian

Brian,

After the Gig0/0 interface is getting the public IP the sip traffic would also have to be bound to this correct or no?

Silver

It depends on if his carrier cares or not.  Right now, he's bound to an internal IP and his outbound calls still work okay so unless the cable modem is doing some inspection, the carrier probably doesn't care about the From address.  It's usually better to bind per dial-peer so you can bind external dial-peers to your external interface and internal dial-peers to your internal interface.

Currently the sip traffic is, if I am reading the sip debug messages correctly, bound to my current external ip address of 98.220.252.36. So I am assuming that the comcast router is complicating the process?  Once I get the comvast router back into bridge mode the g0/0 interface should receive the correct external ip address and calls inbound should work I am thinking.

Yes I was just cleaning up the config for posting it on the internet. I figuredthqt my did numbers were not completley necessary for the posting. Sorry for the confusion.

And it does appear that my comcast rputer has been un-configured from its previous configuration of bridged mode. I will have to contact comcast and have them re configure the router remotely as I am unable to log into the device and make that change myself.

When the pix firewall was originally in place the outside interface of the pix did have the wan ip address assigned to it. I was attempting to determine if the pix was blocking the incomming connection for inbound calls so I removed it and re configured the 3825 router to connect directly the the comcast modem.

I cant believe that I missed that. I have been looking at running configs and debug messages so much in the past few days that I must have missed it 

I will re post the results after I get everything adjusted.

Thank you everyone for your quick replies.

Views
Helpful
Replies