Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CP-9971 phone stuck on amber light not booting

Wilbur Lam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Hope someone can shed some light. I have a few Cisco CP-9971 phones that will not boot and stuck on blank screen and amber light on first left and right buttons. Trying to bring them back to life. I have tried factory reset but didn't work. Is there other way to get in or flash firmware at this condition? Or am I looking at hardware issue? I have accumulated about 15 of those little over a year from other offices. Warranty likely expired.  Some were out of box failure and some lost power and never come back up.

CUCM: version 9.1.1

Phone SIP firmware: sip9971.9-3-2-10

Thank you in advance.

Best,

Wilbur

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you have tried connecting these phones to known working switchports and also the factory reset then most likely the phones need to be replaced.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you have tried connecting these phones to known working switchports and also the factory reset then most likely the phones need to be replaced.

HTH

Manish

Hi Mgogna,

Sorry for the late reply. I had to update my profile email address and took a while. Thank you for your input. Yes, to both. I guess I'm out of luck on this.

Thx again.

Best W.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: