Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CUBE SIP trunk

k.ms
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a Cisco CUBE and have configured gigabit sub-interfaces with different IPs to terminate each of the SIP trunks from clients and service providers. As we are getting multiple SIP trunk requirements from clients/service providers,have below query-

- Is loopback interface supported on Cisco CUBE to terminate SIP trunks?

- Can I configure a single Loopback interface with a new IP address and terminate multiple SIP trunks to this single Loopback interface?

- Only If above is supported, is it recommended to use a single interface/IP to terminate all SIP trunks or configure multiple sub-interfaces to terminate each of the SIP trunk?

- Want to confirm,can a SIP trunk be directly established between client SBC & Cisco CUBE IP address or any other SIP server/device is required in the middle?

Thanks

KMS

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

- Can I configure a single Loopback interface with a new IP address and terminate multiple SIP trunks to this single Loopback interface?

Yes, you can most certainly use a loopback interface address for your SIP trunks. You just need to make sure the interface address is routable across the various networks. To use the same IP address across multiple tenants, you need to ensure that you don't have any IP address overlap.

That said, the challenge with "binding" to a central address on a CUBE is that you usually are looking to do topology hiding. If that isn't a requirement then I believe you can achieve your objective.

If you are doing topology hiding or you just want to segregate the tenants logically then you can do a bind command on individual VoIP dial-peers to make things more deterministic.

For example:

dial-peer voice 79002 voip

description SIP to UCM Cluster

preference 2

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.10.10.10:5060

destination e164-pattern-map 10

voice-class sip bind control source-interface

voice-class sip bind media source-interface

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

codec g711ulaw

ip qos dscp cs3 signaling

no vad

!

- Only If above is supported, is it recommended to use a single interface/IP to terminate all SIP trunks or configure multiple sub-interfaces to terminate each of the SIP trunk?

I am not sure about Cisco recommendations in this configuration scenario. I am typically doing a 2-sided CUBE. I think that if I had a scenario similar to yours, then I would create separate interfaces but that is because I am a control freak.

- Want to confirm,can a SIP trunk be directly established between client SBC & Cisco CUBE IP address or any other SIP server/device is required in the middle?

Generally speaking you should not require a 3rd SBC between two SBCs. The CUBE is essentially a SBC but it is "Unified", so that makes it extra special ;-)

HTH

-Bill (http://ucguerrilla.com)

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, you can most certainly use a loopback interface address for your SIP trunks. You just need to make sure the interface address is routable across the various networks. To use the same IP address across multiple tenants, you need to ensure that you don't have any IP address overlap.

That said, the challenge with "binding" to a central address on a CUBE is that you usually are looking to do topology hiding. If that isn't a requirement then I believe you can achieve your objective.

If you are doing topology hiding or you just want to segregate the tenants logically then you can do a bind command on individual VoIP dial-peers to make things more deterministic.

For example:

dial-peer voice 79002 voip

description SIP to UCM Cluster

preference 2

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.10.10.10:5060

destination e164-pattern-map 10

voice-class sip bind control source-interface

voice-class sip bind media source-interface

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

codec g711ulaw

ip qos dscp cs3 signaling

no vad

!

I am not sure about Cisco recommendations in this configuration scenario. I am typically doing a 2-sided CUBE. I think that if I had a scenario similar to yours, then I would create separate interfaces but that is because I am a control freak.

Generally speaking you should not require a 3rd SBC between two SBCs. The CUBE is essentially a SBC but it is "Unified", so that makes it extra special ;-)

HTH

-Bill (http://ucguerrilla.com)

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Nice one Bill:

On that note, I will have myself a unified cup of coffee, which is coffee with milk and sugar!

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi,

I have a similar doubt about this.

I have a SBC (CUBE) Unifed Model and I have the following scheme:

CUCM Internal Lan --- Firewall --- [SBC (VLAN A) --- SBC (VLAN B)] --- ITSP

I would like to create a SIP trunk or adjacency between CUCM and SCB in VLAN A  and I would like to create a Trunk SIP or Adjacency from VLAN B  to ITSP.

The SBC is a ASR 1001 and has only one interface and is configure as Trunk to the Core switch, where VLAN A and B are enable.

I have though:

adjacency sip ITSP
signaling-address ipv4 [SBC IP VLAN B]
signaling-port 5060
remote-address ipv4 [IP SBC ITSP]
signaling-peer [IP SBC ITSP]
signaling-peer-port 5060
attach
adjacency sip CUCM
signaling-address ipv4 [SBC IP VLAN A]
signaling-port 5060
remote-address ipv4 [CUCM IP]
signaling-peer [CUCM IP]
signaling-peer-port 5060

What configuration do you recommend?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: