Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco CUCM SNMP trap usage

Hi,

I wondering if CUCM can send SNMP trap alert to a SNMP server when a IP Phone unregister or registers.

I know and have done it with CUOM.

I'm current only see some other trap notification from CUCM, but no regarding unregistered or registered phone.

What i want to do is get a snmp trap whenever an IP phone registers, and unregisters.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES

Re: Cisco CUCM SNMP trap usage

not sure about snmp traps, but you can set up alerts using rtmt and have them sent to an email address, this way you can define alerts that get generated for instance when 25% of your registered phones drop , probably more usefull then monitoring a single phone

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

The reason i need SNMP and need to keep track of unregistered or registered phone, is i have a 3rd party SNMP server for CUCM. And this SNMPserver will have the client floor layout with all phone on the layout.

So SNMP need to know the status of all phones.

Initially though of using SNMP polling, but then it seem that each time a phone registers/unregisters the phone OID value changes. So can monitoring based on OID too.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Have you read the "Managed Services Guide" for your CUCM version, it's a lenghty doc that should help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html

HTH,

Chris

Try to start from now to create dedicated monitoring tools, will help a lot on the long run. You will just complicate your life with that 3rd party tool. Cause you will always try to do things to fit into that tool.

Ya, usually we''ll use CUOM for CUCM. But in this case client already has this SNMP server (Niagara Central) and want to use it for CUCM too.

Views
Helpful
Replies