cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO DX 650-UNABLE TO GET PLAY STORE--- !!!

Ajith Nayak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

We have multiple Cisco DX650 at our client location.

I have Checked the Parameter in CUCM device page that says allow application from android market.

Even allow application from unknown source is enabled

Tried resetting,rebooting etc no go

Play store icon is visible on few phones but not on all. Is it any kind of a bug? which is causing it? or shall we need to upgrade.

We are on CUCM 9.1.2

Please help this is really an urgent matter as alL this phones are used by VIP users.

Rgds,

Ajith

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ajith,

An out of the box phone will have PlayStore available to user. But, once a config file is downloaded, then PlayStore is immediately disabled by BundledAppInstaller, then config file is read to determine whether admin wants PlayStore to be enabled or not, and thus determine the availability of PlayStore to user.

I did not find any specific bug for this behavior, you can try upgrading to latest load on a DX650 facing the issue and check if the issue goes away.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ajith,

An out of the box phone will have PlayStore available to user. But, once a config file is downloaded, then PlayStore is immediately disabled by BundledAppInstaller, then config file is read to determine whether admin wants PlayStore to be enabled or not, and thus determine the availability of PlayStore to user.

I did not find any specific bug for this behavior, you can try upgrading to latest load on a DX650 facing the issue and check if the issue goes away.

HTH

Manish

It is working on few phones but not on all..

Is there any other troubleshooting which could help?

You can compare a working phone with a non working one: device pool , firmware , TFTP server / callmanager group information etc can be compared to begin with.

HTH

Manish

Hi,

Issue is fixed automatically dunno what was the problem.. thx for ur support

Scroll down to the bottom of Phone Configuration screen in CUCM and check the box next to 

This was the actual solution. As soon as I did this and applied the config the app came back. Thanks!

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

Can you access the play store URL using the browser on the DX-650? https://play.google.com/store

I have tried opening the playstore directly from browser by logging in to google account

But it wont allow me to download the app..

Rgds,

Ajith

At least that means its not an issue with the DX650 connectivity to the internet.

Can you download the config files for working/nonworking and compare?  Might be a replication issue if you set it on the phone and the setting is not taking.  Do you have the TFTP server option on the DX650 pointed to the publisher?