Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco E1 integration with Nortel

Hello,

I have integration between Cisco router and Nortel PBX using E1 PRI.The gateway is H.323 and i'm trying to make the caller ID and calling name appear.I have done the configuration as follow:

voice service voip

qsig decode

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback none

h323

h225 display-ie ccm-compatible

!

interface Serial0/1/0:15

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

isdn switch-type primary-qsig

isdn supp-service calling name

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn send-alerting

isdn outgoing display-ie

no cdp enable

!

Caller ID successfully appear but Calling name is not working. I was thinking is there a feature in CUCM that we can combine between caller ID and Username like translation rules but for names not playing with the numbers?.

Please appreciate your support

Regards,

Amr Sherif

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Cisco E1 integration with Nortel

Some PBX do not support calling name, or need to have additional features enabled for a charge.

Check with the PBX vendor first, before assuming something is wrong with Cisco.

Re: Cisco E1 integration with Nortel

Hi Paolo,

The issue is not from Cisco side.I did check with PBX engineer and he says that it's not supported from his side.Now the work around is to migrate the PBX to a new hardware with a supported package which is not availabe at that time.Another way is to find a workaround from cisco to make the caller id to be translated to a name as in the translation rule in cucm.

but i cannot find something like that in callmanager. how we can manipulate the callmanager to bind a caller id with a name as in calling transformation rules or translation rules?

Thanks,

Amr Sherif

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Cisco E1 integration with Nortel

You can use my TCL/IVR script number2name. It can be aquired at www.ciscoscripts.com

Views
Helpful
Replies