Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Emergency Responder ERL imports

I need to import a couple of thousand ERLS into CER 7.0 (large business has ERLS down to the room level).

I've been testing the ERL import tool to try to make sure a large import will work, but even with one record, I get the following output:

Number of Records Inserted: 0

Number of Records Failed validation:0

The end result is that the ERL is not added. I looked through the logs and see this in the CERAdmin logs:

458: Feb 23 12:47:09.961 EST %CER-CER_SYSADMIN-3-ERROR:Failed to read Building Tag fileFile not Found /usr/local/CER/nena_msag_records/validate.txt (No such file or directory)

459: Feb 23 12:47:10.437 EST %CER-CER_SYSADMIN-3-ERROR:Status message from ERL import

460: Feb 23 12:47:17.381 EST %CER-CER_SYSADMIN-3-ERROR:Failed to read Building Tag fileFile not Found /usr/local/CER/nena_msag_records/validate.txt (No such file or directory)

461: Feb 23 12:47:17.626 EST %CER-CER_SYSADMIN-3-ERROR:getFields: null

So it looks to me like it's trying to look for the non-mandatory Building Tag field in the validate.txt file and failing.

Does anyone know how I get around this--what to put in the file to get it to skip the Building Tag file?

Or does anyone have a sample import file that works, so I can follow the format?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Cisco Emergency Responder ERL imports

Building Tag field can be used if you want to import MSAG fields from Building Tag file. The location of building tag file is

>>%cerroot%/nena_msag_records/validate.txt. We cannot add any new fields in the validate.txt file.

Import ERL Data:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/respond/res13/admin13/e911page.htm#wp1015419

Views
Helpful
Replies