cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Extension Mobility Cross Cluster

jcompiano
Level 1
Level 1

The docs state a sip trunk for PSTN access muct be configured. What is the correct sip trunk type to select, default or EMCC. The latter doesn't allow for IP info to be configured so I assume default. The docs also mention the cluster id needs to be changed from the default standalone to something unique. Is this service affecting, any issues when changing this name. Any info on setting up EMCC would be appreciated.

thanks

9 Replies 9

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The SIP trunk for PSTN access is set a type Extension Mobility Cross Cluster.  Changing the cluster ID is required and not service impacting.  It was a while ago when I set this up so if you have any more questions I can redo my configuration to refresh my memory and help you out.

There's no ability to add an ip address to a emcc trunk? How does this

work then or what is the purpose of it?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse any typos or brief response.

John Compiano

On Oct 16, 2010, at 1:36 AM, "joemar2"

The EMCC SIP Trunk for PSTN access is for when a phone is logged in to the visiting cluster and places a call that is routed to the home cluster.  If the route group is configured to use the standard local route group the call will be passed over the SIP Trunk for PSTN Access (a vitual trunk to the cluster the phone is logged in from) to route the call out of the visiting cluster (where the phone is logged into) and out the local gateway.

Hi

Do you have a good document of an example setup of EMCC?  I am a bit confused about the geolocation configuration.  What is the role of an SFTP server?

Thanks

Here's the EMCC guide http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_2/ccmfeat/fsemcc.html.  Geolocations/logical partitioning is explained here http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_2/ccmfeat/fslopar.html.  The SFTP server is used for the bulk certificate managemet which will automatically copy the required certificates between clusters for EMCC to work.

Hi

I have two questions which you may be able to assist regarding EMCC

1)  One of the limitation with EMCC is

Duplicate user ID does not get supported (for either the same or different PIN), because the behavior is

unpredictable.

However both my clusters point to the same LDAP source therefore the USERID is duplicated.  Is this a problem

2)  The configuration guide mentioned that I need to use BAT to insert EMCC profile.  What is the purpose of doing this?

Thanks

Duplicate useID's are not supported because the only way the system knows to use EMCC is by checking the local cluster to see if the user trying to login exists, if the user exists normal local EM will take place, however if the uerID is not found on the local cluster then call manager will check the other cluster if the userID exists over there.  If the user exists in both clusters call manager will always find the user locally and then you would have to have a device profile on both clustes (double the work).

You have to use BAT to insert the dummy devices that are used by CUCM for place holders for remote EM logins.  It pretty much created an EMCC device that will be used when a user is using EMCC.

Hi

I know that EMCC use the following URL -

http://10.89.80.19:8080/emapp/EMAppServlet?device=

#DEVICENAME#&EMCC=#EMCC#

1)  Do we create just one Extension mobility service for both Intercluster Extension mobility and Intra Cluster Extension Mobility?

2)  I have an intercluster trunk between our two sites (China & Australia).  I have a route pattern to send calls across the intercluster trunk when users want to reach another users on the other cluster.  If I have EMCC configured and a person from Australia visit China, how does the China system knows not the send the call across the intercluster trunk but send it locally or does it get send to Australia cluster and then send back to China?

3)  The configuration said to use this formula when determining the number of EMCC devices to add

phones + (2 x EMCC devices) <= MaxPhones

If my site has 200 phones how many EMCC base devices do I add?

Thanks

Hi

Another question

I have a site in China and a site in Australia.  A user in Australia log into China.  I want the user to be able to use the route pattern for local China and mobile in China.  Does that mean I need to create the Chinese route pattern in Australia CUCM and assign it to the adjuntc CSS similar to Emergency?

Thanks