Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP 9971 registration rejected

Hi All,

Have an IP Phone 9971 which registration status is rejected.

CUCM is 8.5.1.10000-26 with SIP 9971.9-1-1SR1 device firmware.

Please tell me if its is a firmware problem.

Thanks in advanced.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Make sure the phone doesn't show any errors about failing to update it's CTL or ITL.  If that's the case the phone might not be accepting it's configuration and may be still trying to register an old directory number.  You can check in the call manager traces for a register from the phone's IP address to see what line number it's trying to register.  If you match CUCM's configuration to the same line you should see the phone register.  To fix the phone you can erase the ITL or CTL so the phone downloads a new one that will be able to authenticate the configuration file from CUCM.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

s.lehmann
Level 1
Level 1

Did you configure a dn on the line ?

Sip phones will not register without a dn.

Cheers

Steffen

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Steffen,

Yes I did, and a digest user too if it was requiered.

What else do you think would be the problem ?

Thanks

Make sure the phone doesn't show any errors about failing to update it's CTL or ITL.  If that's the case the phone might not be accepting it's configuration and may be still trying to register an old directory number.  You can check in the call manager traces for a register from the phone's IP address to see what line number it's trying to register.  If you match CUCM's configuration to the same line you should see the phone register.  To fix the phone you can erase the ITL or CTL so the phone downloads a new one that will be able to authenticate the configuration file from CUCM.

Hi Joe,

You're right, it was the CTL.

Thanks a lot.

Amit23
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

i am facing registration rejected after using extension mobility on 9971.

i am having cucm 9.1.X version and 9971 running 9.3.1.2 version IOS>

before using extension mobility, ip phone is registering and working perfect.

what is issue after using mobility as extension mobility login also working successfully.

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: