cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Communicator doesn't register in VPN (Cisco VPN client)

phil.garrelhas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We currently have a Cisco 2901 running Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express.

We're running Cisco IP Communicator 2.1.2.0.

We're running Cisco VPN Client 5.0.07.0410

We have a Cisco ASA Firewall

When I launch CIPC, it becomes stuck at the "Registering" process only when I am VPNed into the network.....using both wireless or a cable.

What I've done:

1. I can ping the Call Manager/TFTP successfully.

2. I have added the MAC info for the wireless card and the Cisco VPN adapter to the call manager.

3. I have the TFTP IP set in CIPC under  Preferences->Network->TFTP Servers.

While it's "Registering", if I disconnect from VPN and plug into my local network, it registers in a second.

What am I missing here?

Phil...

18 Replies 18

Hello Phill;

During registration please add the cipc as SEPXXXXXXXXXX like SEP(MAC Address of CIPC).,

Please let me know the status.

Regards

Hope to help, please remember to rate the post if it does.

Regards!

Afsal

Hi Afsal,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already tried that. I mentioned the steps I took in my initial post, and adding the MAC of both my wireless adapter and the Cisco VPN Adapter into the call manager.

Any other ideas?

Although I can ping back and forth between the call manager (tftp server) and the laptop (while connected through VPN), it continues to hang at the registration.

Phil

Phil,

Another option is to turn on auto registration and let the CIPC auto-register with CUCM.  Then you'll see exactly what MAC address it was trying to use.  Alternatively just make one up. Unless you are recording calls you can create your own devicename.

Another thing to check is the binding order of your network adapters in Windows.  Make sure the Cisco VPN client adapter is 'above' the Wiresless and Ethernet adapters in the binding order.

-Steven

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!

kuldip1988
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem and nothing was blocking it.

Change of version for CIPC resolved the issue.