Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP communicator to Cisco IP communicator calls

kvladimirov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

The Cisco Call manager is version 4.2 using a private network of IP addresses.

Regular IP phone calls are working well in every direction.

The problem that I'm experiencing, is when two people, connected via Cisco VPN and using the Cisco IP Communicator software are not able to hear each other at all. The phone call is normally established but the calling parties are not receiving any sound on both ends. Cisco IP communicator via VPN to a regular phone or office IP phone is working well.

My question is, where should I start debugging the problem (where is it most likely to find it) - Cisco VPN concentrators, Cisco call manager, the soft phones? Could it be a firewall issue too?

Thank you forward.

Regards,

Kiril

2 Replies 2

cpi
Level 1
Level 1

Hey there Kirl,

We have run into the same problem here. We haven't fixed the problem but from our understanding it is an issue with the firewall.

Since the phones get set up through the callmanager, the skinny singaling should work. But it's the rtp that's having an issue from VPN to VPN. I do believe the place you need to look is your Firewall

In this kind of situation, for the two-way audio to work you would have to have both VPN clients IP addresses has to be route-able.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: