Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Cisco IP Communicator won't install language pack

We recently pushed Cisco IP Communicator to a laptop with Windows 7 64-bit, SP 1.

When trying to open the client, the German language pack starts installing, then before it completes, the user receives an error stating that the German language pack cannot be installed:

I have seen issues where language packs take a long time to install, or where any language pack other than English will not install properly if English is not installed first, whether on wired or wireless. I had the user close the client, then I changed the language to English, and had him open the client again. He then received the same error, this time stating that the English language pack could not be installed:

I have not seen this issue before. We uninstalled Cisco IP Communicator, reinstalled it, changed the language multiple times, restarted the computer, and tried on both wired and wireless. 

Also, if the user clicks OK, the error goes away and he says that IP Communicator works properly after that (if it's the English language pack...German will not install at all). However, he does not want to receive this error everytime he logs in.

Everyone's tags (1)

You can try creating a

You can try creating a problem report and take a look through those logs to see if anything hints at the problem.  Might need to open a TAC case as it may be a bug.

CreatePlease to create content