Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco IP Phone 6900 series XML execute dial problem

I am dialing numbers via IP phone URL http://<phone_ip>/CGI/Execute. XML POST request to dial number I use:

<CiscoIPPhoneExecute>

<ExecuteItem URL="Dial:1234"/>

</CiscoIPPhoneExecute>

Phone response to this request is:

<CiscoIPPhoneResponse>

<ResponseItem URL="Dial:1234" Data="Success" Status="0"/>

</CiscoIPPhoneResponse>

However telephone display only first digit and refuses to dial requested number. Tested on CP-6921 and CP-6945 phones with SIP load version 9.3.1.5 and 9-4-1-3. I also tried to add Priority="1" to ExecuteItem tag without success (even with priority 0 or 2). Finally I checked and then simplified dialplan just to:

<DIALTEMPLATE>

<TEMPLATE MATCH="...." Timeout="2"/>

</DIALTEMPLATE>

without any luck... dialplan seems to be OK as number dial by hand works well. Nothing interesting in phone log.

In case I execute same request as above on 7945 phone it is executed as expected and phone dials number 1234 correctly.

Only workaround I found for 6900 phones is to use EditDial followed by "press" softkeys:

<CiscoIPPhoneExecute>

<ExecuteItem URL="EditDial:1234"/>

<ExecuteItem URL="Key:Soft4"/>

<ExecuteItem URL="Key:Soft2"/>

</CiscoIPPhoneExecute>

Did anybody experienced same problem? Can somebody try to execute same request on 6900 series phone with SIP load to confirm its a BUG? Or am I just missing some additional parameter for tag or request header?

Cheers,

Jan

Everyone's tags (5)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content