Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone 7942 License

shakeerali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to know part number for ordering CUCM licenses for 7942 IP Phone.

Is this part number correct SW-CCM-UL-7942= ??

Thanks.

Shakir

9 Replies 9

Dragan Ilic
Level 4
Level 4

Please give us CUCM version info.

BR,

Dragan

HTH,
Dragan

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, CUCM is v8.6. Kindly provide part number for both 8.6 and 9.0 pls.

Thanks.

I think it would be best if you reached out to the Licensing team at Cisco TAC. Since you are on 8.6, they would request your PAK ID, your server MAC address, and issue licenses to you for that MAC address, which can then be uploaded on the server.

You can go here : https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/LicensingUI/Quickstart

I've seen some SNs like the following:

L-CM-DL-5000=

L-CM-DL-100=

Here's an example.

http://www.posglobal.com/L-CM-DL-100=.html

In CCW go with this top level part numbers:

- CM 9/10 - 

R-UCL-UCM-LIC-K9
Top Level SKU For 9.x/10.x User License - eDelivery 

- CM 8 - if adding to existing CM then 
L-CUCM-USR-LIC-ADD

Top Level Sku For Adding User License,

and if new installation then 

R-CUCM-USR-LIC
Top Level Sku For User License.

7942 requieres Enhanced type of license so when you select anything from above just pick 1 Enhanced user license and that's all you need for this phone to be licensed...

HTH,
Dragan
HTH,
Dragan

This is an exisiting setup.

Let me get full information from the customer and contact you guys.

Btw, these licenses are RTU only? which means I can configure and use these phones without purchasing the licenses but this will be illegal.? Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks .

So you are going with add option...these are not RTU licenses and they are required for your setup to work properly and legal...if you have existing DLUs on system then you maybe already have enough licenses for this - check that on licensing panel on CM.

You don't have RTU option when speaking on CM environments - RTU is something related to CME system.

BR,

Dragan

HTH,
Dragan

Sreekanth Narayanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Shakir,

If you have a CUCM version < 9.0, you will need to buy DLUs. The 7942 consumes 4 DLUs per device. So based on the number of devices you are adding you'll need to multiply 4.

If you are using CUCM version 9.1 (which has a much better licensing scheme than 9.0), then you will need to purchase either CUWL or Enhanced/Enhanced Plus UCL licenses

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-communications-licensing/product_solution_overview0900aecd806cc7a4.pdf

Hantale

Sree

Version 8 is also UCL based...in fact that same UCL licenses are in background converted to DLUs wink

So it's important to find correct version of CUCM...

HTH,

Dragan

HTH,
Dragan

Ah thanks for that info :)

Hantale

Sree

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: