cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone 7942

amit_sheth123
Level 1
Level 1

I had just got a new Cisco 7942 installed in my desk. For first time when the phone booted up it showed some four digit no. on the top right line. for eg it was 2466 in my case. After some time I was going thro some menu and some message displyed "Erasing XXX". After that phone restarted and that four digit no was not displayed then afterwards. Can you tell me how to configure that no. because probably that might be the epabx no.

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Amit,

That first info that flashes across the IP Phone when booting up is from the testing first done by the manufacturing process. I always like to see when these were first "fired up".

To populate that field in the production environment you need to fill in the;

External Phone Number Mask

Under the DN config;

Line Settings for this Device

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for the reply. But still I am not able to get to this menu. Also tell me how can i modify the fields. Can I modify directly in the phone or do I need to configure the number through the Cisco Unified communicatins manager.

Pls help.

Hi Amit,

Are you running full Communications Mananager or Communications Mananager Express?

Rob

No I am not having COmmunication Manager. Tell me how can I do it through phone itself. plsz

You need CM or any other supported PBX as the phone itself is not intelligent enough to allow it to run independendly.

Bascially the phone wihthout PBX is worthless :-)

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: