Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO IP PHONE 7945

c0ntactstaffna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a CISCO IP PHONE 7945 . I did a factory defaults reset using this tutorial: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a00800941bb.shtml

The problem is that after the reset, i get the "Upgrading" screen as described in the tutorial but nothing happens, the phone reboots all time and i get the mentionet screen all time.

Please help me in solving this issue .

Best Regards,

ANDREI DRAGOS NECIU

7 Replies 7

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

Does it briefly flash up "Auth Failed" ? In which case, you'll need to go via the 8.5(2) firmware.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Hi,

I get the screen in the screenshot atached when i want to update. After ~1minute the phone reboots and back to this update screen.

What is the full name of the firware i have to use, and please help me with a link about updating this one.

Best Regards,

ANDREI DRAGOS NECIU

You need a DHCP Server with the "Option 150" set to the TFTP where your firmware is located.

What Version of Callmanager are you using?

Do you already have configured the Phone on your System?

Hi,

I managed to make the phone upload the firmware and all the files it needs. I configured a tftp server and after a hard reset the phone started to upload the files.

I read something about a configuration file or something. How do i add the sip settings. The thing i read is about placing a file somewhere in the same tftp directory with teh settings.

Best Regards,

ANDREI DRAGOS NECIU

Hi

I know it's been a long time, since the last post.
Did you resolve your issue?

You configure your phone from the CUCM web GUI.

What Version of CUCM are you using?

Hi,

I succeded to flash the phone with 8.5(2) firmware SIP firmware.

From the web interface, when I browse the IP a see only view only options. Is there a certain port for administering this phone ? Cus with the firware i installed, i can connect it, but when the person from the other part of the wire answers the phone, i get disconected instalnty. The phone call closes.

I need to know if there is another interface that i can use to configure it, because i think there is something wrong i do.

Best Regards,

DRAGOS

Cisco IP phones have no configuration interface. Everything is done by the configuration file, and then by the telephony platform.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: