Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone - 7960 Series - Call Fwd On-Demand

Cody.Martinho
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I work in a large enterprise environment and we use Cisco IP Phones (7960 Series) that allow us a CCM web interface to setup speed dials and the like. I know that I have the ability to forward all incoming calls on the phone to another extension, but, I want to know if it is possible to do this on demand and if so, what steps to follow to get it set up.

The scenario is this: I am in Level 2 and should only receive calls from colleagues that I have open dialogue with regarding a current issue. All calls regarding new requests should go to Level 1. If a call comes in and I see on the ID that it is not a colleague with whom I have an open dialogue with, I would like to be able to hit a button (or sequence of buttons) to forward that particular call to Level 1.

I know that when I have an incoming call I get an iDivert button to send the colleagu directly to voicemail. Is it possible to get another option that accomplishes what I am looking for? If not, can the iDivert function be redirected on a per phone basis to send to Level 1's extension as opposed to VM?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

-C

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry, your only option would be to change the iDivert routing for your DN, but that would break forwarding to VM. You could route the call through Unity Connection and perform supervised transfer where you would be able to screen the caller before accepting the call.

Chris

I am okay with changing the iDivert routing (we do not use it) to go to Level 1 rather than VM. But, can it be done on a per-phone basis and if so how? I don't want it to do this for every phone in the company, just 4 phones in the Level 2 center.

Well, it forwards to what the VoiceMail profile is set to, so if you do this it would break normal call forwarding to VM. You would bascially create new VM Profile and instead of pointing to VM pilot you would point to Tier 1 extension, but as I said call calls that are set to forward no asnwer, busy, etc would follow the same path.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: