Replies

cisco IP phone 7960 test

sivaprakasam81
Level 1
Level 1

IP phone continuously display the following message,  

1. Configuring CM 

2. Opening 10.163.235.1 

Can anyone let me know the issue please? Is that looking for Call manger software from the router? if so, why call manager software is not available in 2610 router. show telephony-service is not recognized by 2610 router to check for CME software. 

How can I verify, setup, configure CME on my 2610 router? So that I can test 7960 IP phone.

Thanks in advance.

27 Replies 27

1. The etherswitch card part number is HWIC-4ESW. Not sure if this will be supported by 2600XM.

2. There are a variety of voice cards to connect to PSTN. Are you using analog POTS line, PRI, T1 CAS? The type of PSTN connection that you plan on using will determine what kind of voice card you need.

3. If your router has a built in ethernet port (which it should), then you wont need a special card to connect to the PoE switch. You can just use a straight through cable to connect the ethernet port on the router to the switch and you should be fine.

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

I am trying to go with the existing firmware on the IP phone 7960. Do I still need TFTP server, CME software and Firmware loading configuration?

We will be using T1 or PRI connection.

Thank you

If you are using PRI, you will need a VWIC-1MFT-T1/E1. And yes, you will still need to configure the router as a TFTP server, you dont need a separate piece of hardware for this. Also, yes you will still need CME software in order for the phone to function correctly.

Kenneth, can you please provide me some link to get WEb interface configuration details of IP phone 7960? I am remotly into the phone.

Well, once you get everything you need to get the CME running, the GUI files for the web interface are included with the software. You wont be able to do ANYTHING until you get the proper hardware. When you do get everything installed, you will simply browse to the IP address of the CME router (http://

Can I reset the IP phone to factory defaults? Once I reset the IP phone will I lose firmware on the IP phone? We are not sure about the service contract on these IP phone. How can I do factory defaults without losing firmware on the IP phone?

Thank you,

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. You can't

The CME software when you load it will have firmware loads for all of the phone models

We will be getting a Cisco Router with CME 4.1 loaded on it(router). Will it have firmware for IP phone 7960?

Thank you,

See my above post.

How do I check that the Cisco Unity software is loaded into my router? Does it come along with the router voice image? I aslo need to setup voice mail. Do I need any additional hardware for that?

Thank you,

Siva,

Please reference the following link, along with the link I posted earlier, to answer any further questions you may have in reference to configuration and compatibility.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html

Thank you for the nice ratings, and have a nice day.

Hi Siva,

You will need a Cisco Unity Module to install in the router.

Either a AIM-CUE or NME-AIM Module will do.

The router will come shipped with a voice image.

You can run sh version to see if the module is recognized by the post.

sh inventory should also show this info.

Regards,

Justin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: