Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Ip phone 7965, headset light constantly on

dgoodmundson1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

An update/upgrade was done to some of the phones in our call centre on Friday, and today some of our CSRs are having issues with their hard phones.  Several times when they have received calls, after the customer hangs up their headsets sound like they stay on instead of disconnecting.  They are not still connected to the caller, but the headset light on the hard phone (Cisco IP 7965) stays on, and it sounds different in their headsets (like they're on a call, but they aren't).

We have tried rebooting the phone both with the headset attached, and without.  Both times the headset light has remained on (even when the headset wasn't actually attached to the phone!).

Any suggestions for what to try next would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If the issue is not being fixed by phone reboot then you need to look at the cucm. Check if there are any database related issues or alerts on cucm, a clusterwide reboot of cucm servers can be done. If the issue persists after cluster reboot and checking database replication then you can try the following:

1. Try a factory reset on one phone

2. Gather packet captures from IP phone to investigate further

HTH

Manish

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Can you please provide the old and new firmware versions for the 7965's. There were changes made around 9-3-1sr4 that included the "default audio path" feature. This may be what you are seeing.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7900_series/firmware/9_3_1SR4/english/release_notes/P790_BK_RF3660D6_00_rn-9_3_1sr4-7900-series/P790_BK_RF3660D6_00_rn-9_3_1sr4-7900-series_chapter_00.html

Cheers!

Rob

Sergey Lubenkov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you get that issue resolved?

I have the same problem after upgrading from CUCM 9.1 to 11.5

Thank you

davisjaron
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue here.

I'm on CUCM 10.5.2, and I just recently upgraded my device pack to the latest device pack and my phones have firmware version SCCP42.9-4-2SR3-1S and all of my headsets are doing this same thing.  The headset light stays on after the call is disconnected and it stays on, leaving the call agent hearing themselves in the headset.  If I use an EHS headset, it disconnects the audio after about 5 seconds, but with a QD headset the audio just stays on forever.

Is there something I'm missing on the CUCM side to turn this off?

I found this in the release notes that says there should be a configurable default audio path on the device settings page, or in the common device profile, but I don't see this setting in either.  https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7900_series/firmware/9_4_2SR2/english/releasenotes/P790_BK_C7078DFD_00_cisco-unified-ip-phone-7900.html#P790_RF_C166A4C2_00

I have attempted doing a factory reset on the phone with no success, but I can replicate this across multiple phones and multiple headsets.  This is a consistent issue with 79XX phones.  I do not have this issue with 88XX phones.

EDIT:

I eventually resolved this by rolling back my phones firmware.  I was on SCCP42.9-4-2SR3-1S, and have rolled back affected phones to SCCP42.9-3-1SR4-1S and the issue is resolved.  Reference https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/upgrade-downgrade-firmware-of-specific-ip-phone/ta-p/3137526/show-comments/true

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: