Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone 8831 Not Registered

justserve
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have Cisco IP Phone 8831 conference phones that are not registering to CUCM. The version of the CUCM is 9.1.2.10000-28. I have downloaded and installed the devicepack for the version of CUCM in this link: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/devpack_comp_mtx.html, yet the phones are not registering.

Is there any other action I need to take to get the phones registered?

Kindly help.

7 Replies 7

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

are u able to add this phone ?

can u share the show version active ?

Did u reboot the cluster after adding Device pack?

regds,

aman

I was able to add the phone even prior to installing the device pack. I did not reboot the cluster but restarted TFTP services on all the servers in the cluster.

Was this phone working earlier ?

what is phone FW?

regds,

aman

You must reboot the cluster after installing a device pack that enables a new phone model.  The new phone model will not be able to register until that has been completed.  Make sure the device pack was installed on all nodes before rebooting all of the nodes in the cluster.

I have a client running this exact version.  You shouldn't need to install the device pak for this version of CUCM but my client is running into this same issue.  Have you resolved this?

Get CallManager traces, a packet capture, and console logs from the phone's webpage.

The issue was that their wasn't a firmware file in CUCM.  Version allowed for adding an 8831 but nothing showed up in Device Defaults firmware section for the 8831.  Added firmware file we got the phones registered.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: