Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone 9971 New Installation

ranawaqqas_
Level 1
Level 1

Greeting,

i am new here,  I bought two Cisco IP Phones 9971. Now i want to test these Phones our Environment but When I tried to access these phones using Web Browser Not succeeded. IP Phones automatically take IP address from DHCP Server and i can ping these phones. I read one documents related this. For security bases Web access blocked these IP Phones. SomeOne tell me How can i test these phones in LAB ? 

we are using Cisco IP Phones SPA 514G and SIP Server for communication that is working Fine.

Thanks

WAQAS HUSSAIN

14 Replies 14

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What type of system are you using? What "SIP Server"?

Chris

Thanks Chris for reply. I am Using Minisip server in lab http://www.myvoipapp.com/ 

I don't have any system here in lab. I just want top test ip Phones 9971. How these phones communicate each other ?

But Now when these phones login show on display " Phone not registered". How can i register these phones ? 

Phones are dummy terminals and need to register to a call server in order to be useful.  These phones can be used with Cisco Communications Manager, Communications Manager Express, etc. or register to 3rd party SIP server.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Thanks Chris Deren, You are right Now 

I installed CUCM 8.6 on Virtual Environment (ESXI 5.1) and Phone registered with call manager. Now i call call each One IP Phone to other IP Phone using Extension that i was Assined on phone But not able to listen voice using handset but using Speaker they working Fine. What i need to do solve this issue ?

2)-  When i attach USB based web in IP Phone 9971, Received i message microsoft web cam attach in usb port but Disable by administrator. How can view USB camera Vedio on Ip Phone display ?

Do you have the handset connected to proper RJ11 jack?

For video I dont think MSFT cameras are supported, but all you need to do is enable video and camera on the 9971 phone configuration in CUCM.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Thanks again Chris for your help and Time

Can you confirm me Microsoft USB camera is supported or not because i configured Video and Camera in CUCM manager using Device and phone tab. When i enabled Cisco camera in CUCM i can see cisco camera option in my IP Phone but not able video using Microsoft camera and same error when connected camera in USB Port. Micro soft camera detected but Disable by administrator. If Cisco not supported then how identify this camera and why give this error, Disable by administrator ?

2nd which type of USB Port accessories are used for 9971 IP phones ?

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is not, only the Cisco (logitech) is to my knowlesge.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks Chris,

Yesterday i bought Logitech Webcam C200. When i plug on IP Phone 9971 USB Port, i received "USB Device Detected but disable by administrator"
How can i receive Video using any other externel camera ?
Because cisco order take 4 to 6 weeks and i need to finish this last now.

please tell me a solution ?

My understading this that this is the only supported camera for this phone:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10677/index.html

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris,

Yes You are right Chris, Now i bought Cisco Vedio cameras and configured using this

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/8_0/english/admin/guide/9971cam.html#wp1088018

But Not able to make Vedio Call. Can you tell where i am wrong ? what i need to do for Vedio call ?

I took one cable from my router that provide me ISP and put in POE Switch. I installed CUCM 8.6 on virtual machine and create on Phone 9971 manually with 300 and 301 extension and configure these IP Phone and CUCM 8.6 using about link for making a vedio call each other extension. Now both can communicate each other audio mode not video call and i can see vedio only self-veiw on IP Phone but not able to make vedio call.

Please Help me on this issue

Thanks Waqas Hussain

Have you enabled these settings on 9971 phone on CUCM ?

Br,
Nadeem 

Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Thanks Nadeem for your reply, I already Enabled these setting on Cisco Phone in CUCM 8.6.2 but not able to make video call. 

Make sure camera and video capabilities are enabled on the phone and make sure the camera is found under accessories.

Are you using Cisco switch? With non-Cisco switch you may need to disable power negotiation and/or CDP.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Again Chris,

Video Capabilites are Enabled in CUCM IP Phone configuration and camera also found in IP Phone Accessories. I am Using Cisco Small business sg300-10 POE switch but same problem, Not able to make Video call but audio call working Fine.

Chris Can you tell me in detail, How can I make Video Call? I have CUCM manager 8.6 , On PEO 8 port Switch and two 9971 cisco IP Phone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: