Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Cisco IP phone 9971 or 8961 question

Is it possible to change the order of softkey buttons that are displayed on the bottom of the screen. These buttons are enabled or disabled in the feature control policy settings but I dont see anywhere to change the order of them like you can do in the softkey template. For example, I want to have the "pickup" softkey be displayed on the main screen but it is always on the second page and I have to hit the "more" key to see it when I want to answer a call in a call pickup group.                  

Cisco IP phone 9971 or 8961 question

This is possible after installing the latest device pack for cucm version 9.1.2. Please check the following link

Check the section 'Features Available with Latest Cisco Unified Communications Manager Device Pack'

Here are the config steps to change order to softkey

1. Go to  Device->Device Settings->Softkey Template menu on UCM, create soft  key template change order as per your requirement.

2. Assign soft key template to phone.

3. Go to Device->Device Settings->Common Phone Profile and the “Softkey Control” parameter to Softkey Template

4. Save and reset phone.

Community Member

Hi Mgona,I am on CM version 7

Hi Mgona,

I am on CM version 7.1.5 and this dosent work. Softkey button is not even available for this model of the phone (under device - phone).

CreatePlease to create content