Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone don't dial, don't compose

Hi

I've a problem with an IP Phone which doesn't dial. For example, when I composed a 4-digit number, I hear the beep but phone doesn't dial. The phone wait other digit and communication isn't establish.

And the more strange, when I change the directory number, the phone dial but when I put the original directory number, the phone doesn't dial.

I don't understand why ? I reset phone, erase and recreate configuration of my phone but nothing.

Does someone has already meet this problem?

Thanks

P.S. I've a call manager 4.2(3)

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i would gather a CUCM detailed trace to confirm there is an issue with the dialing, maybe something stored in cache

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

Please try to use this method to completely remove the problem DN before trying to re-build again.

**Remove problem DN from all phones first;

Can you please try this method via the Route Plan Report;

Deleting Unassigned Directory Numbers

This section describes how to delete an unassigned directory number from the route plan report. Directory numbers get configured and removed in the Directory Number Configuration window of Cisco CallManager Administration. When a directory number gets removed from a device or a phone gets deleted, the directory number still exists in the Cisco CallManager database. To delete the directory number from the database, use the Route Plan Report window.

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Choose Route Plan > Route Plan Report.

The Route Plan Report window displays. Use the three drop-down list boxes to specify a route plan report that lists all unassigned DNs.

Step 2 Three ways exist to delete directory numbers:

a. Click the directory number that you want to delete. When the Directory Number Configuration window displays, click Delete.

b. Check the check box next to the directory number that you want to delete. Click Delete Selected.

c. To delete all found unassigned directory numbers, click Delete all Found Items.

A warning message verifies that you want to delete the directory number.

Step 3 To delete the directory number, click OK. To cancel the delete request, click Cancel.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed686.html#wp1024696

Once you have completed this process add the DN back to the problem phone (check CSS) and try again.

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS: Hey Java...hope your Friday AM is going well :)

Hi

I try to delete completely directory number but that change nothing. The phone doesn't dial. I don't understand.

You found in attachment the CUCM trace detail

Thanks