Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO IP PHONE NETWORK CONFIGURATION CHANGE THROUGH WEB ACCESS

s-adhikary
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have CUCM 7.1.3 in our network. Now due to some network changes we need to change the IP address of many IP phones in many location. Now we are using static IP address in our network. The problem is that I am trying to change the IP address from the web access. When I am going to Change configuration ---> Network Parameter, I am able to see the IP address of the device but not being able to make any changes, due to which we need to change the address physically which is very problematic. Is there any way out?? Please suggest.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As you can see that information is wrong or not for all types of phones. You can use this for phones like the cisco ATA, but you cant change the IP of 79XX series phones.

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi ,

You can use DHCP server using option 150 where you can specify TFTP IP address

Regards

Deepak

Hi deepak,

I can use DCHP but again i have to make a call to the remote location and will have to instruct the persons there to enable the dhcp in the IP phone, which is again a problem. So is there any way to make changes through web access.

No there is no way to make static changes through a web interface on the phone. You may be able to use 3rd party applications which you have to pay for. It is not even good practice to use static ip addresses on your phones. I suggest you migrate them all to DHCP

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi

Please read below and comment......

Using the Web Interface to Configure the Cisco IP Phone

You can display and configure device and network information for the  phone by accessing the web configuration page on the  Cisco IP Phone. You can access the web configuration page using  any graphically capable browser, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or  Netscape Navigator.

Follow these steps to access the web configuration page.

Step 1 From  a web browser, enter the IP address of the phone plus "/dev." For  example, if the IP address of the phone is 192.168.3.225, the URL for  its configuration page is 192.168.3.225/dev.

Step 2 If you set a password for the web interface, enter the UI password and click Apply.

Step 3 Select the screen with the parameters that you wish to view or set.

Step 4 (optional) Enter the new or changed information and click Apply.

The phone reboots when the configuration has been changed.

Step 5 Close your web browser.

As you can see that information is wrong or not for all types of phones. You can use this for phones like the cisco ATA, but you cant change the IP of 79XX series phones.

Hi,

You need to get a 3rd party software that does Phone Macros, natively from Cisco there is no way to do it.

I know only one called Variphy.

HTH,

Nick

Thanx nicolas...

I will try with Variphy.. I knew another one called VOIP INTEGRATION