Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP phone signatures

ichehouri
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

i have customer having Nortel switches 5520 with Nortel IP phones. The customer is having Nortel NSNA used to provide security for the network. For Nortel IP phones the customer is using signatues (ex. Nortel-i2004-A)

We are planning to replace Nortel IP phones with Cico ones (7911, 7942 and 9971) but we need to keep the security setup the customer is having. In order to do that it is required to have Cisco IP phones signatures

any information please

regards,

Ibrahim Chehouri

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

And what a signature would be, exactly ?

a signature is like a pattern that can define a specific type of device. For example when you define "Nortel-i2004-A" in NSNA then it will bypass the security checking for Nortel phone type 2004. If not defining such signature then it will have same checking as PC (which include antivirus and other stuff)

regards,

Ibrahim

I think you have to ask this to Nortel. You are not talking anything standard, and I don't think that Cisco has to provide non-standard specifications to facilitate third-party security solutions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: