Replies

Cisco IP phones and Nortel Switch

j.gimbert
Level 1
Level 1

Posted by: j.gimbert

Nov 17, 2008, 5:35am PST

Hi all,

I want to know if it's possible to configure a Nortel BS470 to automatically assign the cisco ip phone in the voice vlan.

It's easy with a Cisco switch, CDP and the command:

(conf-if)#switchport voice vlan X.

Maybe it's possible with lldp, but I can't find any documentation on this topic...

Thanks to help me

3 Replies 3

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

You are corect you need LLDP support which is available from 8.3.3 I think but certainly in 8.4.1 loads for 794x, 796x- we have it working

DougVogel
Level 1
Level 1

I use ADAC on the Nortel 5500 platform - basically it applies VLAN and QOS settings based on a MAC address table. It's not as bad as it sounds. Not sure if the 470's support ADAC though.

I would also be interested in LLDP configs on the Nortel if there are docs or examples that you could share.

Thank you very much.

I'll take a look about ADAC. I have Nortel's documentation about LLDP but nothing with sample of config or something else which can help me. I'll attach it in my future post.

If someone knows how to configure lldp, it will be very nice to share it with us because it seems to be very difficult to find any information!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: