Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP-Phones in analog network

Dirk Woellhaf
Level 1
Level 1

hey guys,

at the moment I use a complete analog telephone network. 1 acces to the PSTN and a office switch with 4 analog phones.

I wanna move to VoIP.

my idea is:

VoIP phone connected to the lan, a router (3620) running callmanager express, this router connected to the office switch.

Is this possible? And what else do I need?

regards Dirk

regards, Dirk (Please rate if helpful)
3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure, you just need the hardware. However, for such a small site, linksys had now intriduced an economical ip-pbx called spa-9000. It supports 4 IP phones (expandable to 16) and two enalog phones.

The CME solution would be more sophisticated and works really nice only when using all cisco phones. If you want the best, get ISDN BRI instead of the pot line and you will have much fore features.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

So thanks for that answer,

I wanna use only cisco phones, what hardware will I need on the 3620 router? Unfortunately, there is no chance to upgrade to an ISDN BRI interface. Can I do something with the Cisco ATA-186 box? I'm targeting on an complete Cisco enviroment

regards, Dirk (Please rate if helpful)

Hi, basically you need an NM-2V, VIC-2FXO and enough flash an memory to load the latest image as possible.

Then it's just a matter of reading the documentation, ask here if you have any questions.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: